Departments and Facilities
Presently, there are six departments in the college as the college enters its second year of establishment. This shall gradually increase to a total of fourteen departments covering all the subjects of Ayurveda. Also, each of these departments are to be upgraded with the post-graduate and research education facilities.
- The Samhita-Siddhanta-Sanskrit department – deals with the classical Ayurveda knowledge and its application.
- The Sharira –Kriya department – deals with the physiological studies.
In huge campus of SMIAS, Dept. Of Kriya Sharir is established in Block- C (Vagbhatta bhavan), it has a well equipped laboratory (which has more than 95% of chemicals, instruments & glassware according to MSR of Central Council of Indian Medicine).
Here are separate rooms for all faculty members & a demonstration room of capacity for 50 students.
We have developed our departmental library also for faculty members.
- The Sharira-Rachana department – deals with the anatomical studies.
In huge campus of SMIAS, Department of Rachana Sharir is established in Block- C (Vagbhatta bhavan). In the department of Rachana Shareer Students learn Anatomy in Group (Batch) from Museum (which is occupied by more than 100 models and charts), Cadaveric prosections and in large well equipped demonstration room. We have developed our departmental library also for faculty members.
- The Dravyaguna department – This department deals with the comprehensive knowledge of various drugs mainly of plant origin.
- The Rasa-Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana department - This department deals with the drugs of mineral origin as well as preparation of the medicines.
- The Roga-Nidana & Vikriti Vijnana department - This department is compared to the pathology in the contemporary sciences and thus relates to the all-round knowledge of the diagnostic and prognostic criteria.
Other departments shall be included in the phases as per the requirements of the academic years.