Departments and Facilities
Presently, there are Fourteen (14) departments in the college as the college enters its Fourth year of establishment. Also, each of these departments are to be upgraded with the post-graduate and research education facilities.
- The Samhita-Siddhanta-Sanskrit Department –
Deals with the classical Ayurveda knowledge and its application.
- The Sharira –Kriya Department –
Deals with the physiological studies.
In huge campus of SMIAS, Dept. Of Kriya Sharir is established in Block- C (Vagbhatta bhavan), it has a well equipped laboratory (which has more than 95% of chemicals, instruments & glassware according to MSR of Central Council of Indian Medicine).
Here are separate rooms for all faculty members & a demonstration room of capacity for 50 students.
We have developed our departmental library also for faculty members.
- The Sharira-Rachana Department –
deals with the anatomical studies.
In huge campus of SMIAS, Department of Rachana Sharir is established in Block- C (Vagbhatta bhavan). In the department of Rachana Shareer Students learn Anatomy in Group (Batch) from Museum (which is occupied by more than 100 models and charts), Cadaveric prosections and in large well equipped demonstration room. We have developed our departmental library also for faculty members.
- The Dravyaguna Department –
This department deals with the comprehensive knowledge of various drugs mainly of plant origin.
- The Rasa-Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana Department -
This department deals with the drugs of mineral origin as well as preparation of the medicines.
- The Roga-Nidana & Vikriti Vijnana Department -
This department is compared to the pathology in the contemporary sciences and thus relates to the all-round knowledge of the diagnostic and prognostic criteria.
- The Agadtantra Department -
This department deals with the study of the poisons, its action, clinical manifestation, diagnosis of acute, chornic and cumulative toxicity and treatment.
- The Strirog and Prasutitantra Department -
This department deals with the diseases related to the females, their treatment and prevention. This department also works with the pregnant females keeping in view the ayurvedic mangement and simultaneously possesses all the modern equipments necessary for the management of pregnant woman during labor.
- The Swasthavritta Department -
This department deals with the total health or complete fitness; harmony at each level i.e. physical, physiological, psychological and spiritual of a human being.
Swasthavritta is the branch of Ayurveda which deals with preventive measures of health through holistic approach by healthy lifestyle, Diet, Hygiene, Yoga & Naturopathy that are beneficial for life. And this is the prime concern of the department of swasthavritta.
To strengthen this preventive aspect of Ayurveda in students, the Department of Swasthavritta provides theoretical and practical knowledge of traditional Ayurvedic concepts, Yoga along with community medicine topics, and public healthcare as per the curriculum.
- We have ample scope for research & practice of preventive medicine for various non-communicable and lifestyle disorders, which are current challenges in the field of medicine. For that, we are planning to start higher studies (MD in Swasthavritta) for research and academic purposes.
- Department has adequate space, a well-developed museum with charts & specimens, and a yoga hall for practical training of students as per CCIM norms.
- The lectures are carried out through audiovisual aids along with powerpoint presentations.
- Swasthavritta OPD & AYUSH wellness Center in the hospital, which guides the people as well as patients about the diet, Yoga, Pranayam, Asanas and overall lifestyle changes to live the life better and to fight the Lifestyle disorders.
- 2 AYUSH GRAM “Nardipur” & “Kolwada” have been under supervision of the Swasthavritta Department for 2 years.
- The Panchkarma Department-
Panchkarma is the purification therapy used in Ayurvedic medicine. The word Panchkarma means five actions and refers to five procedures intended to intensively cleanse and restore balance to the body, mind and emotions.
The Kaumarbhritya (Bal Roga) Department:
Kaumarbhritya (Bal roga, Ayurvedic Pediatrics) is a clinical department which deals with the study of care, prevention and management of various diseases related to infants and children. The department is having a special opd for children in the hospital attached to the college in the campus. The department having separate rooms for all faculties, departmental library and seminar room, museum, and tutorial demonstration room for various activities of department.
- The Kayachikititsa Department:
'Kaya Chikitsa' is one of the major clinical branch of Ayurveda system of medicine . The Kaya chikitsa department is committed to provide best possible applied and practical knowledge to the students. The department aims to develop deep academic and clinical expertise in the students . The departmental vision is to develop research oriented insight in students and encouraging valuable researches in the field of Ayurveda which is need of hour .
Thus, the department and its faculty is dedicated to work hard for the upliftment of subject's knowledge & clinical skills in the students and in the meantime development of Ayurveda science as a whole.
- The Shalya Department - Shalya is anything which causes pain in body or mind of a person. This department deals with all the techniques i.e. surgical and parasurgical procedures by which Shalya is removed. Various Ayurvedic procedures like Ksharasutra, Agnikarma, Raktamokshana etc are used to treat various surgical diseases like diseases related to anorectal region, fractures & dislocation, non healing wounds, varicose veins etc.
- The Shalakya Department - This department deals with all the diseases related to the organs above the clavicle (neck) i.e. Head, eyes, ears, nose, teeth, throat and their treatment. This department possesses all the special equipments and instruments necessary for examination and management of the diseases realted to the organs mentioned.